Lots of times parents tell me that they feel “stuck” when feeding their kiddo breakfast. They worry that their kiddo prefers sweeter breakfast foods like pancakes or cinnamon rolls. Or even wants macaroni and cheese for breakfast!
What if we let go of the idea that some foods are “breakfast foods” and others are “dinner foods”? Then we could offer any type of food at any time of the day and think only in terms of a balanced meal or snack.
So go ahead and serve that ham sandwich, quesadilla or leftover soup for breakfast along with a side of cut up fruit or carrot sticks & glass of milk—the choice is yours!
Reminder: Breakfast is WHEN you eat, not WHAT you eat.
Snack: Hot Diggity Dogs
- Hot dogs (1 per person)
- 1 package of crescent rolls
- Optional- cheese
- Preheat the oven according to the package
- Cut hot dogs into 4 or 5 bite size pieces
- Wrap each hot dog bite with a piece of crescent roll–you’ll need to cut or tear the roll to fit your hot dog
- If using cheese, place a small slice next to the hot dog before you wrap it with the crescent roll dough
- Place on a cooking sheet and bake according to the package
- Let cool slightly and serve with favorite dips–ketchup, mustard, ranch etc.